Saturday, October 3, 2009

I want to thank everyone for commenting me on my blogs. All I want you to get out of my blog is information about what has happened and is happening in Darfur. Also, what we can do to help. I had a great comment by Jenna about an online website called Cafegive. This website is a online store where you can find products that are delicious and tasty like chocolates to a girls passion, shoes. Now you might ask yourself what does this have to do with the crisis in Darfur? Well a lot! This online store donates a certain percentage of the original price of the product you buy to the non-profit organization of your choice. Such as Mercy Corps which helps the crisis in Darfur. This is such a creative way (I think) to make people donate money while they buy what they want and need. I know many people who love shopping for Christmas presents, birthday presents, or for themselves this is a great way to make everyone happy. Check out the website and try it out lets make a change while we shop online!

3 comments:

  1. I didnt know anything about Darfur, and I'm really glad you have helped me understand. I like this idea of shopping and helping at the same time. I would like to know what you think about this... I found it, and I really like how three high school kids started the program. :)


    http://www.helpdarfurnow.org/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an excellent article about why people are often unable to deal with large-scale issues. I often refer back to this piece.
    http://www.oprah.com/article/omagazine/200709_omag_psychic_numbing

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is also a neat poster called "How big is Africa?" It helps people see just how big the continent is and how we can't just generalize about it.
    http://www.owen.org/blog/2575

    ReplyDelete